• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Did not pass the 1st time

jane

Blitzer
I am sorry to say that I didn't pass the 1st time on the CPC exam. I made a 61. I was close. I plan on doing more timed practice exams before my scheduled re-take in september and studying the guidelines more.

Jane

TiffanyM

Hi Jane, it sounds like you have a plan already.. don't feel bad, I did not pass the first time either. The timed practice exams is want I focused on as well. I practiced, and what I did not get right, I went back and tried to get the correct answer before I checked the correct answer. If I still did not get the answer correct, I would check the answer and then go back and look at the question to really think about why I picked my answer and what was the correct answer and really thought about why my answer was incorrect and made notes in my books.

I took many, many TIMED practice exams. I also had the TV going in the background when I tested, then I turned it off completely. Another great tip, I used Laureen's tip on using the 5 columns. Try to complete each one in an hour or less, and yes I timed myself if I did not get the answer with 2 and a half mins, I moved on to the next. Also while your taking the board exam, start what is easies for you - flip through the book and do all of those first.

I know you will do better next time, never give up;)

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Sorry Jane - I know that is dissapointing :( Unfortunately it is very common. And Tiffany is right timed practice exams to practice your time managmement is key.

View this post (if you haven't already) on my official strategy/reccomendations:

CPC Exam Sucesss Forumla

jane

Blitzer
Sorry Jane - I know that is dissapointing :( Unfortunately it is very common. And Tiffany is right timed practice exams to practice your time managmement is key.

View this post (if you haven't already) on my official strategy/reccomendations:

CPC Exam Sucesss Forumla
Thank you laureen and tiffany. I have taken both of your posts to heart. I just took a 50 question practice exam in 2 hrs. i made a 74. Before my 1st time, I was only getting about less than half right. While I know this is not where I am supposed to be, it gives me hope that I can get to the 85 percent mark before I have to take it a second time. I am still very happy that I found this site and am grateful for people like laureen and all the other coaches here. Thanks so much!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
You're on the right track now - keep on trucking and you'll cross the finish line soon!

elenipete

COC-A
Blitzer
CCO Practicoder
I am sorry to say that I didn't pass the 1st time on the CPC exam. I made a 61. I was close. I plan on doing more timed practice exams before my scheduled re-take in september and studying the guidelines more.

Jane
Hi Jane,
Have you taken your re-test again? If so, how did you do? I failed my first try as well, I go for my re-take in November.
My problem was timed management (and NERVES!) but I am taking the timed test as well so hopefully with those and watching the blitz videos over and over, I will have a little more confidence my second time around.

Best of luck to all!!

Joni24walter

Blitzer
Hi Jane,
Have you taken your re-test again? If so, how did you do? I failed my first try as well, I go for my re-take in November.
My problem was timed management (and NERVES!) but I am taking the timed test as well so hopefully with those and watching the blitz videos over and over, I will have a little more confidence my second time around.

Best of luck to all!!
i know about the nerves, panic and feeling unconfident; so it is time to get back on the horse and study again.